Delayed on Day 1
So, it looks like I'm off to a bit of a rocky start. Due to a variety of reasons, including the weather and some car trouble, but mostly because I simply wasn't entirely ready yet, I've had to postpone my leave-date by one day.
Last night (Friday Jan. 12) I had my going away party at home, which was AH-mazing! Yes it was hard but at the same time so much fun, so many people I care about were there, it made me feel really good about myself, haha!
This morning, Saturday, I was supposed to have gotten in the car, and see how far I could get, driving-wise. My first "real" stop was that I wanted to get to Andy (S)'s house just north of Denver in two days. But, after seeing the weather reports (ice storms etc.), plus the almost complete lack of sleep, I figured waiting an extra day could be well worth it.
I didn't want to start driving today and then take three days to get to Denver, because that would be more expensive. So, I'm shooting for a good night sleep tonight, and a very early leave-time tomorrow. Good thing I now have cruise control in my car, and an iPod loaded with music, audio books, and language training on tape, haha... I'll be entertaining myself. Of course, if anyone wants to call me while on the road, please do, I'd be delighted! My cell number should still be valid until January 23, so call me (or e-mail me if you don't have the number).
But I'm hoping to get most of my bad luck out of the way now, and then things will be easier and perfecter once I leave in the morning.
Thanks again SO SO much to everybody who came to my party yesterday, I had an AMAZING time!!! Of course, I'm stupid enough not to have taken ANY pictures myself (that was reeeaaally stupid!!!), but I know many of you did so please send me your pics!
OK, I'm off, I'll try to update next time I'm near a computer, and if I have some pics yet at that point from my going away party, I'll put those up as well of course.
Last night (Friday Jan. 12) I had my going away party at home, which was AH-mazing! Yes it was hard but at the same time so much fun, so many people I care about were there, it made me feel really good about myself, haha!
This morning, Saturday, I was supposed to have gotten in the car, and see how far I could get, driving-wise. My first "real" stop was that I wanted to get to Andy (S)'s house just north of Denver in two days. But, after seeing the weather reports (ice storms etc.), plus the almost complete lack of sleep, I figured waiting an extra day could be well worth it.
I didn't want to start driving today and then take three days to get to Denver, because that would be more expensive. So, I'm shooting for a good night sleep tonight, and a very early leave-time tomorrow. Good thing I now have cruise control in my car, and an iPod loaded with music, audio books, and language training on tape, haha... I'll be entertaining myself. Of course, if anyone wants to call me while on the road, please do, I'd be delighted! My cell number should still be valid until January 23, so call me (or e-mail me if you don't have the number).
But I'm hoping to get most of my bad luck out of the way now, and then things will be easier and perfecter once I leave in the morning.
Thanks again SO SO much to everybody who came to my party yesterday, I had an AMAZING time!!! Of course, I'm stupid enough not to have taken ANY pictures myself (that was reeeaaally stupid!!!), but I know many of you did so please send me your pics!
OK, I'm off, I'll try to update next time I'm near a computer, and if I have some pics yet at that point from my going away party, I'll put those up as well of course.
1 Comments:
i love you roelie... drive safely!!
Post a Comment
<< Home